ENOHE Annual Conference 2023
Prague, Czech Republic
14–16 June 2023
In cooperation with Charles University and Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic
FROM AMSTERDAM 2003 TO PRAGUE 2023.
HIGHER EDUCATION OMBUDS OFFICES:
REVIEWING! REFORMING! (RE)STARTING?
The past three years have seen unprecedented changes in the ways in which higher education institutions interact with their students. University personnel were also exposed to new and unknown challenges during the pandemic. This came in the midst of a high level political push from the European Higher Education Ministers‘ Rome Conference in November 2020 when the need to establish ombuds offices was endorsed and cooperation with ENOHE was encouraged.
Now that we are (hopefully) returning to ‘normal life’, new national networks are emerging and new ombuds offices are being set up, such as in the Czech Republic in whose capital Prague the 2023 annual conference will take place.
Issues to be considered are:
- Which of the changes are here to stay?
- What worked (or didn’t work) for students – and staff?
- How and why should offices be set up and run?
- Reviewing how Ombuds offices have worked since the informal ENOHE network was set up in 2003 in Amsterdam: What benefits and disadvantages have developed over the years?
- How can the role and the visibility of our job be enhanced, e.g., by defining values and principles?
- Which reforms are needed to adapt to today’s challenges?
We will shortly be inviting proposals for the ENOHE Conference in 2023 – our 20th anniversary year.
We will also be launching our new Training Activity Programme, which will take place on 12 and 13 June in Prague – more information shortly!